TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
This page outlines the terms and conditions under which Brompton Bicycle Limited (“we”, “us” or “Brompton”) supply products (“Products”) to you through our Junction To You service. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products. You should understand that by ordering any Products through the Junction To You service, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Brompton is registered in England and Wales under company number 1261512, with registered office and trading address at Unit 1, Ockham Drive, Greenford, London, UB6 0FD. Our VAT number is GB646228334.
- HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the order has been accepted (“Order Confirmation”). The contract between us (“Contract”) will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.
The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Order Confirmation (“Dispatch Confirmation”). We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the order of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Order Confirmation.
We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the Products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as practicable to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Products you have paid for but not received.
We reserve the right to refuse any order placed by you at our sole discretion.
Please note that all bicycles sold through the Junction To You service are manufactured to UK legal and regulatory requirements and are intended for use in the UK only. If you intend to use a bicycle purchased through the Junction To You service in a territory other than the UK please ensure you comply with any local requirements, which may differ to those in the UK.
- See the separate Shipping Policy.
- If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your Products on the Delivery date, we reserve the right to charge you an administration fee for each subsequent delivery that you request.
Brompton Bikes are fully assembled and adjusted by qualified technicians in our factory. Specific components (wheels, seat posts and pedals) are removed for safety reasons prior to shipment. For this reason the consumer must fit these parts when they receive delivery of their bike. Written information on how to fit wheels, seat posts and pedals as well as the necessary tools are included with the delivery of the bike. In addition, a video explaining how to fit the required parts is available on the Brompton website. If you have any questions or require any assistance with this, please contact our staff directly. Contact information for stores is available here.
- 100-MILE SERVICE
- We encourage all of our customers to seek a first service of their bicycles once they have done 100 miles. This will be performed free of charge by your local Junction store.
- If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel your order for Products within 14 days of the date on which the Products are Delivered (as defined in clause 9.2 below) to you for any reason. Please be aware that we are unable to cancel, refund or exchange the products which are bespoke or have been personalised to you unless they are faulty or not as described (please see clause 7 for further information about returning faulty goods).
- You can cancel during this 14-day cooling-off period by informing us by:
calling us on 020 7836 5700 between the hours of 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (except for public holidays); emailing us at email@example.com or
submit a returns / cancellation form here.
You can return the product either in person to the store you purchased from or posting to the address provided. You will be responsible for postage costs unless the product is faulty. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the item(s) to us in accordance with these terms and conditions and risk remains with you until we (or as applicable the relevant Store) receive the Product(s). These provisions do not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
- EFFECT OF CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- If you cancel your order in accordance with these terms and conditions, we will reimburse to you all payments we have received from you (including, if applicable, the costs of delivery except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us) in respect of the returned Products. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you and we have expressly agreed otherwise.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for any loss in value of any Products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling. Unnecessary handling is any handling over and above what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functionality of the products (i.e. what you would do in a shop to inspect the products prior to purchase). For example, if the Product is a bicycle and it has been ridden on a road or public path, then since we cannot resell the bicycle, the deduction will be 100%. It is your responsibility to ensure products are returned in suitable packaging, we will make a deduction from the reimbursement of any items returned damaged if they are not suitably packaged.
- Please note that we may withhold reimbursement until we have received the Products back or you have supplied evidence of having sent the Products back, whichever is the earliest. We will then reimburse you within 14 days of the earlier of these two events using the same means of payment used for the initial transaction, unless you have agreed otherwise.
- We may have to cancel an order before the Products are Delivered, due to an event outside our control or the unavailability of stock. We will contact you if this happens. If we have to cancel an order and you have made any payment in advance for products that have not been Delivered to you, we will refund these amounts to you.
- RETURN OF FAULTY GOODS
- We are under a legal obligation to supply products that conform to the Contract. Therefore, if the products delivered are not of satisfactory quality or do not conform to the description provided or any of these terms upon delivery, you may cancel the Contract and obtain a full refund (including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us) by returning the faulty Products to us within 6 months from the date of purchase. On notifying Brompton of your faulty goods, please provide proof of purchase (providing your order number will be satisfactory).
- Please note that we may withhold reimbursement until we have received the faulty Products back or you have supplied evidence of having sent the faulty Products back, whichever is the earliest. We will then reimburse you within 14 days of the earlier of these two events using the same means of payment used for the initial transaction, unless you have agreed otherwise.
- RISK AND TITLE
- The Products will be at your risk from the time of Delivery (defined below in clause 8.2).
- Delivery is deemed to occur:
- Where the Product is to be delivered to an address specified by you and accepted by us: when the Product is so delivered.
- Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of any Products will be as quoted in the order summary email including payment link sent to you, except in cases of obvious error.
- These prices include VAT if applicable but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due (if applicable).
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- Payment for all Products must be made through the payment link provided to you .
- Payment will be taken at the time of ordering.
- You undertake that the details you provide to us for the propose of ordering or purchasing goods are correct, that the credit or debit card or account you are using is your own and that there is sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
- These terms of conditions shall not limit or exclude any liability that we are not permitted to limit or exclude under applicable law including our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for breach of the terms implied by section 9-17, 28-29, 34-37 and 41 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- We are only responsible for losses that are a natural foreseeable consequence of our breach of these terms and conditions. We will not be liable to you to the extent we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these terms and conditions by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) do or fail to do or due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
- We only supply products for domestic and private use. We will not be liable for any losses related to any business of yours including (without limitation) lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
- We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. You accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on www.brompton.com. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you have any complaint about our service or product, we would very much like to hear from you. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8232 8484 from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except for Public Bank Holidays).
- OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
- Contracts for the purchase of Products through our Junction To You service will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.