FREITAG × BROMPTON
WE JUST PUT A NEW SPIN ON BACKPACKS
Our friends at FREITAG are the masters of making bags. It all started in 1993, when graphic designers Markus and Daniel Freitag developed a messenger bag from used truck tarpaulins, discarded bicycle inner tubes and car seat belts; giving birth to their brand and bags – each one recycled, each one unique.
Fast forward to today, and the brand’s philosophy has never been more important: think and act in cycles. We couldn’t agree more. The similarities don't stop there. We're both into recycling. We're both crazy about quality and functionality. And crazy enough to continue producing products in two of the most expensive cities on the planet.
So it seemed silly not to team up with them on new solutions for urban mobility. A collaboration, with what we both think is important at its heart; thinking and acting in cycles, quality, functionality, and of course, riding bikes.
The result? A FREITAG bag that now clips on to the front of a Brompton folding bike, where it fits and functions as perfectly as it does in its more usual place. In its more usual place, on your back. Introducing the F748 COLTRANE.
FREITAG F748 COLTRANE - BACKPACK FOR BROMPTON
This special version of the prototypical, rectangular, recycled FREITAG backpack can be turned through 90 degrees and unfold its full potential on any Brompton folding bike, except Brompton Electric.
● Made of used truck tarp, this unique piece comes with an aluminum Brompton front carrier frame and, thanks to its Velcro® straps, can be easily removed.
● Can be used as a backpack with or without the aluminum frame.
● Backpack straps attach magnetically–and almost magically– to the back of the bag, enabling one-handed docking and removal on any Brompton bike with any handlebar type, except Brompton Electric.
● Double-zippered, padded main compartment made of recycled PET fabric with rapid access to the laptop compartment.
● Zippered outer compartment is easily accessed from the saddle when you hit a red light.
● Extra-long key strap so you can unlock your door even when the backpack is fixed to the bike.
● Includes a mud flap cut from the same tarp that bolts to the front fender of any Brompton bike.
At FREITAG Stores, Brompton Junctions and on freitag.ch