Sunday at 02:30 pm
This event has already passed
This year’s Swiss Brompton World Championships takes place in our capital Bern in partnership with a Carfree Street Festival.
In this rather unusual race we value sportsmanship, fun and appearance (in shirt, jacket and tie) just as much as winning if not more.
Winners of the 5 x 2km circuit race will qualify for the BWC final in London 2018. The first prize is a trip to London plus entry and starting fee to the event.
Starting price: CHF 50.- this includes:
- Goody bag.
- Prizes for the fastest three men and women racers.
- 1st prize winners will get a trip to the London BWC final 2018 including qualification and admission to the final.
- Prizes for the most stylish man and woman at the race.
Register here http://my1.raceresult.com/78627/registration?&lang=en
Ride-out on Saturday
For all participants traveling to Bern early, we will organize a Brompton Ride-Out on Saturday, September 9th, starting 2pm which will include:
- Visit of the old town and guided tour to the Zytglogge watch tower (15th-century astronomical clock).
- Cable car ride to the local panoramic view point on the Gurten mountain.
- Swim in the Aare river (only in good weather and for good swimmers) .
Please check the button for the "Eve program" when signing up if you wish to participate. Each participant covers his/her own costs (approx. CHF 50.-) .