Experience the freedom a Brompton folding bike brings you. A Brompton bike is perfect for those that live, work or play in cities: The bike folds up to a third of its size, and it is suitable to take on all forms of transport – perfect for commuting on trains, popping in the boot of the car and taking out of the city for some fresh air, hailing a taxi when the weather changes or you want to get home late at night.
When folded, a Brompton stays locked together, making an extremely compact package little larger than its wheels.
Brompton has had a red in the range since the earliest days, and House Red is our latest vintage to continue the tradition. Not too loud, but the classic tone does enough to stand out when out on the streets. The Brompton M6L in House Red features an M-type handlebar known as the ‘Classic Brompton handlebar’, a good all-rounder that provides a comfortable, upright riding position. It boasts a full range of 6 gears covering all riding needs, great for hilly areas, and it is equipped with mudguards, essential for cycling in any weather. This model also features Dynamo lighting that powers the front and rear lights from the hub. This is combined with a stand-light to maintain power when stationary, meaning there is no charging required.
- Model: M6L
- Handlebar Type: M type (1015mm)
- Gears: 6 speed
- Mudguards Type: Version L (includes mudguards)
- Frame Material: Steel
- Main Frame Colour: House Red
- Extremities Colour: House Red
- Gear Ratio: Standard
- Saddle: Brompton standard
- Seatpost: Extended (inside leg up to 35 inches)
- Lighting: SP Hub Dynamo (SV-8): Dynamo lighting powers the front and rear lights from the hub. It produces approx. 25 lumens of power and it offers low weight, low rolling resistance and high efficiency
- Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Racer
- Folded Dimensions: 645mm (H) x 585mm (W) x 270mm (D) (25.3'' x 23'' x 10.6'')
- Weight (approx.): 12.22 kg
- Front Carrier Block for bags: Yes
- Bag: No, but see our luggage range here
- Toolkit: No, but available to purchase here
- Pump: Yes