City life. The night. Cycling through town and finding new routes. This has always been the inspiration for Brompton Black Edition. Styled for urban living; this range features sleek black componentry complementing a selection of different colourways.
Black Edition Superlight features a titanium front fork, rear frame and other lightweight components, making this range up to 1kg lighter than the all-steel Brompton.
Rocket Red can be found exclusively on Black Edition. A red has been a staple of the Brompton range since the start, but for this range, we’ve turned it up to 11. The Black Edition Superlight S6L in Rocket Red features an S-type handlebar; this is great for a lower, more forward and sportier position. It boasts a full range of 6 gears covering all riding needs, and it is equipped with mudguards, essential for cycling in any weather. This model also features a battery lighting kit and a Fizik Aliante R7 Saddle; Fizik launched the Aliante in 1999 and since then it has become one of the most loved and favoured saddles in the world, by both pros and enthusiasts alike. The Aliante R7 saddle draws on Fizik's spine concept technology to give a lightweight and comfortable saddle ready to ride for all weathers and roads.
All Black Edition models feature the Brompton Front Carrier Block that works with all Brompton Luggage.
- Edition: Black Edition Superlight
- Model: S6L Titanium
- Handlebar Type: S type (925mm)
- Gears: 6-speed
- Mudguards Type: version L (includes mudguards)
- Frame Material: Steel and Titanium
- Main Frame Colour: Rocket Red
- Extremities Colour: Black Gloss Titanium
- Gear Ratio: Standard
- Saddle: Fizik Aliante R7 - The Aliante offers lightweight performance from its Composite Carbon Nylon shell and comfort thanks to its waved profile and flexibility. This saddle also features Selle Royale's Integrated clip system which allows accessories such as rear lights to be attached.
- Saddle Colour: Black
- Seatpost: Extended (inside leg up to 35 inches)
- Lighting: Brompton mounted battery lights: Lightweight option featuring removable USB rechargeable Cateye Volt 400 front light and standard Brompton battery rear
- Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon: solidly-built tyre, with a Kevlar belt and a thicker sidewall for increased puncture resistance. Finished with reflective sidewalls.(Please note: The tyre shown on the product images is different to the one specified in this page)
- Folded Dimensions: 645mm (H) x 585mm (W) x 270mm (D) (25.3'' x 23'' x 10.6'')
- Weight (approx.): 11.04 kg
- Front Carrier Block for bags: Yes
- Bag: No, but see our luggage range here