Saturday at 11:00 am
3 days from now
Brompton Cafe at Rough Trade NYC
New York, USA
The Urban Bike Challenge is returning to New York City!
Brompton Bicycle is pleased to present a day of fun on two wheels with the chance to win great prizes, sponsored by Ortlieb and Gothamist and partnered with Transportation Alternatives.
The Urban Bike Challenge is two-wheeled scavenger hunt run via a unique mobile app. Participating in teams of two to four cyclists, the Urban Bike Challenge tests the creativity and ingenuity of players as they explore the streets of New York, earning points in a variety of ways, including riding to locations, completing tasks, solving clues and shooting photos.
What better way to celebrate the summer in NYC than by joining your fellow cyclists to explore the city on two wheels? Plus, all proceeds will benefit Transportation Alternatives, so you'll be helping to make cycling safer in New York!
Anyone can join; all bikes are welcome! At least one person per team must have a smart phone with location capabilities to use the app.
- Teams of 2-4; register as a team or as an individual
- Registry fee is per person (not per team)
- Limited number of Bromptons available to borrow at no extra charge
- We also have 25 Citi Bike day passes available for use in the event, while supplies last
- The team with the most points will win an assortment of Ortlieb bags
- The team judged most creative of the day will win a set of Tracer helmets from Nutcase
- Coffee and donuts at 11am before we start
- After checking in and receiving instructions, the hunt begins promptly at 12 noon
- Celebration and prizes to follow; location to be announced soon!
See you at Rough Trade NYC!