Saturday at 02:00 pm
This event has already passed
Brompton weekend @slowUP mountain Albula;
September 3rd-4th 2016
How about an easy conquest of the Mountain Albula by Brompton together with other Bromptonauts?
The Albula Pass from Filisur to La Punt in the Engadina valley is made car-free on September 4th on the occasion of a “Slow-Up” event: http://www.slowup.ch/albula/de.html
We’ve prepared a special program for Bromptonauts around this event.
Saturday, September 3rd
- Individual travel to Bergün (GR) Meeting Point is Hotel Albula, Bergün, 2 pm.
- Welcome drink (alcohol free)
- Brompton ride to the Alvaneu thermal baths (11 km, all downhill);
- Thermal baths visit
- Train ride from Filisur back to Bergün (or optional by Brompton)
- Dinner at the Albula Hotel
- Overnight stay in a tipi tent, bunk beds or a hotel room
Sunday, September 4th
- Albula Slow-Up participation with Brompton http://www.slowup.ch/albula/de.html (From Bergün: 1‘000 m difference in altitude until pass summit or less strenuous with train to Preda and only 500m difference in altitude. )
- Local Slow Food Lunch on the Albula pass at 2‘315 m / 7,595 ft.
- Downhill ride to the lovely Engadina Valley
- Return trip to Bergün by train.
- CHF 160.- with simple accommodation
- CHF 210.- with hotel accommodation
- Entry to thermal bath
- Train rides from Filisur-Bergün and La Punt-Bergün, based on half fare price (full tarif CHF 6.20 extra, General Railway pass: CHF 6.20 reduction)
- Hotel dinner
- Overnight stay in Tipi tent or bunk bed. Sleeping bag required. (Extra costs for hotel room, based on double room, occupied with 2 persons: CHF 50.-/person; places are limited!) Special luxury accommodation can be organized upon request.
- Slow Food Lunch on the Albula pass http://www.slowup.ch/albula/de/slowappetit.html
- Map and Program documentation
- Organisation & travel guide on Brompton
- Brompton or similarly reliable and tested folding bike. We recommend a 6 speed Brompton
- Transport bag for bike
- Drinking bottle(s) for bike ride
- Swimming suit
- Sleeping bag (except for hotel guests)
- Application date: August 10th 2016. The group size is limited to 20 persons
- Information requests and application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mention:
- Family name, first name, address
- E-mail address
- Your overnight choice: Tipi tent, bunk bed or hotel room (limited availability).
- Prepayment of CHF 50.-/person to be made to
Markus Stüdeli (organiser of the event), Biel IBAN: CH33 0900 0000 2502 8060 1
More detailed information will be sent out one week prior to the event.
Please visit the homepage of Brompton Switzerland for Information in German or French about this event: www.brompton.ch